Rahul GopinathCybersecurity Researcher
Ph.D. Computer ScienceOregon State University Oregon, US
M.S Computer ScienceIllinois Institute of Technology Illinois, US
B.Tech Civil EngineeringKerala University Thiruvananthapuram, India
Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant Professor)The School of Computer Science, The University of Sydney Sydney, Australia
- Faculty in Computer Science, focused on software engineering.
Scientific StaffCISPA Helmholtz Center for Information Security, Saarland University Saarbrücken, Germany
- Postdoctoral researcher in cybersecurity, focused on fuzzing.
Intern (01 -- 03)Galois Inc. Arlington, US
- Worked on the DARPA CFAR (Cyber Fault-tolerant Attack Recovery) project
Summer Intern (07 -- 09)Puppetlabs Inc. Portland, US
- Contributed Solaris 10 and 11 support for Native Factor bringing parity with the Ruby Factor.
- Implemented a common build environment for Solaris, Windows, and FreeBSD Native Factor, build toolchain and its dependencies.
- Worked on Postgresql streaming replication and failover. Developed initial puppet module for Postgresql clustering.
- Developed release tasks for Solaris 11 packages for Puppet, Factor and Hiera
- Handled preliminary release of Solaris 11 IPS Package for Puppet 3.0.0
- Worked with Q.A and Ops to enable Solaris infrastructure in Puppet Labs
Member of Technical StaffSun Microsystems Bangaloor, India
- Integrated various Apache modules and Squid cache for OpenSolaris.
- Built framework which enabled non-root, relocatable installations of opensource components and developed common service functions library for Sun Web Stack.
- Worked in web server clustering with session-failover capability and reverse proxy, implemented TCL shell scripting for administration.
- Contributed implementation of FTP, (SSL) CONNECT and SOCKS protocols for proxy server.
- Contributed to caching subsystem including cache manipulation tools, cache eviction, and implementations of ICP and CARP cache coordination protocols.
- Contributed to light-weight session failover – a clustering framework for Web Server.
Member of Technical StaffQuark Media House Mohali, Chandigarh, India
- Worked in load-balancer and cache implementation for Quark Document Server farms.
- Worked in Simple messaging and XSLT presentation layer for Quark Web Server.
DeveloperSunTec Business Solutions Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
- Implemented SOAP Service API for the billing interface, provided domain sensitive caching and transaction control in the client for billing engine.